Weather, new years, and other things.

Photo: Benjamin Deneweth
Benjamin Deneweth
Class of 2008
Concentrations:  Finance, Strategic Management

Michigan weather is crazy, but it’s fun. I grew up around here, but was away from Michigan for several years. Since getting back from vacation it has been over 50 for a few days and we had a thunderstorm, then we got a fair amount of snow, now it’s going to get freezing cold, and I’m sure we’ll get everything else weather can throw at us. Really though, it’s not that bad. I actually think it’s very entertaining and interesting. They do a pretty good job keeping the roads free of snow and the requirements of the weather means that most buildings in Michigan are much better built than elsewhere in the country.

On an unrelated note, I made a new years resolution to get in better shape. You wouldn’t know it by looking at me, but haven’t felt in shape for some time so I decided to finally do something about it. Since I was a swimmer in High School I decided to start swimming again since I think I’m much more likely to do something I’m good at than something I’m lousy at (like jogging or lifting weights). MSU has 3 pools, a long course (50 meter) outdoor pool which is open from April to October, an Indoor short course (25 yard) competition pool that is occasionally open to the public during the week, and another indoor short course pool located in IM Circle that is open to the public nearly all the time. This is the pool I use and while it’s pretty old, it’s rarely too crowded and definitely has a charm to it. It reminds me a lot of the High School and Middle School pools I grew up swimming in.

Finally, I got a job, I’ll elaborate further upon it in a future blog entry, but I’m really excited about it. I just don’t know what to say about it yet.

Share

Eli Broad College of Business
facebook instagram linkedin twitter youtube
Michigan State University

Contact Us Accessibility Policy Privacy Policy Site Map
© Michigan State University Board of Trustees. East Lansing, MI 48824 (517) 355-1855
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. Visit msu.edu