The Holiday Break

Photo: Ryan Gelisse
Ryan Gelisse
Class of 2009
Concentrations:  Marketing, Strategic Management

The first semester really moved quickly. Classes, career search, networking, social events, exams, papers and presentations all add up for a tremendously fast paced experience. Before we knew it, the Holiday break was upon us. And now, here we are already 2 weeks into the 2nd semester.

Having lived through this cycle I learned a valuable lesson. I won’t let next year’s Holiday season arrive without having a distinct plan. Although I enjoyed my break, I wish I had done more with all of my time. I found myself nearly catatonic at the end of my break from all of the extensive relaxation. All of my family and friends are still in the “real world” which means they work all day and do not have anywhere near the length of vacations we have. I enjoyed the relaxation, but I wish I would have built in a trip or vacation as well. On the flip-side, I heard several people that perhaps tried to jam too much activity into their break and ended up not getting any rest at all. I think it’s worth the time to carefully plan a well-balanced vacation to really enjoy the time.

We only have one more chance for a lengthy Holiday break before we re-enter the working world. Unless you find an extremely generous company, it’s doubtful you will receive 3 weeks of Holiday vacation. So, that’s my blog. Be sure to vacation the right way!

Share

Empower Extraordinary: The Campaign for Michigan State University launched on Oct 24. Close overlay
Eli Broad College of Business
facebook instagram linkedin twitter youtube
Michigan State University

Contact Us Accessibility Policy Privacy Policy Site Map
© Michigan State University Board of Trustees. East Lansing, MI 48824 (517) 355-1855
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. Visit msu.edu