Full-Time MBA News

Broad vs. Broad.

Photo: Kunal Gupta
Kunal Gupta
Class of 2009
Concentrations:  Supply Chain Management, Finance

I think the highlight for me last month was the Broad vs. Broad case competition. I had the same team as the Net Impact case competition and we were pretty much ready for the stressful situation, but what we were probably not ready for was the fun we were going to have. It was an experience! The case was given to us at 8:00 am in the morning and we had to submit our presentation in the next 24 Hrs. Here comes ‘TiVo’ ( The case !!) bringing lots of fun, team work and of course- case analysis and presentations.

An outline of our day ….

8:00 am (Friday) – Here comes TiVo

9:00- 12:00 – We decided on our strategy

12:00- 2:00 – Pretty much created outline for presentation.

2:00 – 5:00 – Don’t know what we did. . Yah … I ate a lot!!!!

5:00 – 12:00 – Done with numbers and presentation of a basic draft

12:00 – 2:30 am (Saturday) – Presentation completed, practiced in the morning.

The case was awesome with focus on every aspect, from Finance to Marketing to Supply chain and touched upon the strength of each individual and we did pretty much a good job. The competition was intense and I am sure everyone enjoyed it. It was an awesome experience to present the case in front of corporate executives form reputed companies and each one of us playing a role like a financial analyst, strategist which made the entire competition more interesting and more practical. The (on the spot) feedback was great and I had many positives to take from the competition.

I would recommend such case competitions to every incoming student as it exposes you to more practical situation where you can apply your past experience and classroom learning. More important are the memories, which you will cherish for the rest of your life.

Share/Bookmark

Eli Broad College of Business
facebook instagram linkedin twitter youtube
Michigan State University

Contact Us Accessibility Policy Privacy Policy Site Map
© Michigan State University Board of Trustees. East Lansing, MI 48824 (517) 355-1855
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. Visit msu.edu