The Broad MBA Experience: Team Projects

Photo: Nancy Caswell
Nancy Caswell
Class of 2009
Concentrations:  Marketing, General Management

This semester, I will have worked on team projects in all 5 of my classes – that is 3 marketing and 2 strategy classes. Therefore, the topics our team projects have covered span from Branding and Marketing Communications to Strategic Alliances and Corporate Decision-Making. What’s great about these experiences at Broad is that team projects in our classes uphold the Broad School’s value of teamwork.

Just this morning, my strategy team and I made a team presentation – it was an analysis of HP’s decision to acquire EDS this year. And, last week, in another class, a different team and I analyzed and presented a case about the iron ore industry, assessing the advantages and disadvantages of vertical integration. In both classes, my teams and I worked with one another to understand the topic at hand, challenge one another’s assumptions, and decide the best course of action for the firms under analysis. In a few weeks, another team and I will compete in an internal brand case competition.

I value these team projects because they enrich the learning experience – team projects strengthen communication and critical thinking skills, multi-tasking, as well as time management…trying to sync up a convenient meeting time for 3-4 other MBAs is always a challenge in and of itself!

Share

Empower Extraordinary: The Campaign for Michigan State University launched on Oct 24. Close overlay
Eli Broad College of Business
facebook instagram linkedin twitter youtube
Michigan State University

Contact Us Accessibility Policy Privacy Policy Site Map
© Michigan State University Board of Trustees. East Lansing, MI 48824 (517) 355-1855
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. Visit msu.edu