Graduation Sentiments

Photo: Jennifer Yang
Jennifer Yang
Class of 2009
Concentrations:  Finance, Accounting

I still remember it like it was yesterday – riding the CATA bus on that rainy and humid morning to the first day of MBA Orientation where I would be meeting 100 new classmates, who most likely were experiencing the same nervous excitement as myself.

And that’s why I can sit here today and say that time really does fly by when you are having fun and enjoying the people surrounding you. Whether it be from cramming for Dr. O’s four-hour case exams and MC exams, sitting through the “fastest 90-minutes of your MBA,” accepting the fact that PVGO=0 and “I love Fledgling Electronics” to learning how to FINALLY balance the demanding school schedule with the even more demanding MBA social events schedule, each memory still lives vividly in my mind and would not have been the same if it weren’t for those 100 people I met on that August day. And although I am looking forward to graduating and receiving the diploma, I must say it is bittersweet knowing that the Broad MiMBA “way of life” that I’ve become accustomed to is coming to an end. I have had the opportunity to not only broaden my knowledge in a plentitude of subjects, but also to meet exceptional people over the course of the last two years; and for that, I will always be grateful.

So as I prepare myself for an exciting beginning to a new journey as I rejoin the corporate world, I am also preparing myself for the beginning of the end of what has become an incredible and memorable experience in my life. Cherish and enjoy every moment Class of 2009!

Share

Eli Broad College of Business
facebook instagram linkedin twitter youtube
Michigan State University

Contact Us Accessibility Policy Privacy Policy Site Map
© Michigan State University Board of Trustees. East Lansing, MI 48824 (517) 355-1855
MSU is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. Visit msu.edu