The Human Resource Management concentration emphasizes concept and application, focusing on long-term goals and managing individual issues. The MBA for HR concentration teaches skills to identify and solve problems in the management of human resources.
HRM Concentration Coursework:
- MGT 804 – International Management
- MGT 806 – Social Issues in Management
- MGT 810 – Human Resource Management for General Managers
- MGT 811 – Foundations of Human Resource Staffing
- MGT 812 – Advanced Topics in Human Resource Staffing
- MGT 817 – Managing the Learning Organization
- MGT 818 – Talent Management and Development
- MGT 832 – Foundations of Negotiation
- MGT 833 – Complex Negotiations
- MGT 840 – Leadership and Team Management
- MGT 842 – Leading the Strategic Change Process
- MGT 852 – Entrepreneurship: Recognizing New Venture Opportunities
- MGT 872 – Strategy Process
- MGT 877 – Consulting Process
- MGT 878 – Management Consulting
- MGT 879 – Strategic Management Consulting Projects
Students will also take elective courses through the School of Human Resources and Labor Relations at the master’s level on a case-by-case basis.
A state-of-the-art Team Effectiveness Lab offers three dedicated, five-person computer networks that run the Dynamic Distributed Decision-Making simulation software.
Researchers and advisors have created an educational experience grounded in reality yet forward-looking in emphasis.