Essay B is a video essay which provides an applicant the ability to demonstrate in their own words who they are and what they bring to the Broad MBA program. In addition, the video essay is an interactive way to complete an essay in a relatively short period of time. Each applicant will complete four short video essay questions with two minutes to respond to each question. Please use the Star interview response format when responding to the questions. Click on the link below to begin:
STOP- PLEASE COMPLETE ESSAY “A” IN YOUR APPLICATION BEFORE PROCEEDING TO ESSAY “B” (VIDEO ESSAY). THE VIDEO ESSAY REFERENCES ESSAY “A”. IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED ESSAY “A” YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RESPOND TO SOME OF THE QUESTIONS IN ESSAY “B”.
Video Essay Link
- Once the question is asked there will be a five second delay to respond. The question will appear on the screen for reference.
- The question response does not need to take the entire two minutes. If you have time remaining once complete, click on the “stop recording” button to end the recording.
- Please be concise with your response, the recording with automatically stop after two minutes.
- There will be an option to rerecord your response once.
- We estimate the Video Essays will take 20-25 minutes to complete – which includes time for set-up and answering all the questions.
- And finally, remember to dress professionally, sit in a well-lit area, look at the camera, relax and be yourself.
- use Google Chrome to complete the video essay
- use a laptop or desktop that is connected to the internet via a cable instead of Wi-Fi
- use a PC instead of a MAC